All week: Trivia Questions for daily prizes from local colleges/universities and military recruiters
Monday – Wednesday: Pennant Decorating Contest – Represent the college of your choice, hang pennants in cafeteria before lunch on Thursday for judging
Tuesday: Keiser University Table during lunch; Career Challenge-turn in by end of day; Senior Application Workshop – 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday: Polk State College Table during lunch; Seniors Bright Futures applications in a lab
Thursday: Pennant Decorating Judging; College Mascot Challenge – turn in by end of day; Wristband for Friday Distribution
Friday: Staff Scavenger Hunt – turn in by end of day; College Spirit Day; Wear Wristbands and buttons; Florida Southern College Table during lunch
Reserve football tickets are now on sale in the school office from 12:15 P.M. – 1:45 P.M.
The myPolkSchools.net Parent Portal is an on-line service offered to parents and guardians of Polk County K-12 students. The service will bring together into one single web page information about ALL of the students for a particular parent. Instead of visiting several different websites, making telephone calls or visiting the school to access records or information, parents may conveniently access them all from any Internet-connected computer. See student grades, lunch account status, student schedules, and so much more. The most important goal of the Parent Portal is to enhance district-to-school-to-home communication as outlined in the Polk County Schools Strategic Plan item 7(1): “Establish an effective system of communication linking district, school and home.”
Are you signed up for Parent Portal? Click here for information about signing up.
The goal of PIRC is to educate, equip, and partner with our students and their support systems by offering a wide variety of relevant and effective programs and resources that will make a positive impact on the individual and the community. By building strong parent-learning communities we will increase student achievement in our schools and empower parents to raise children who are successful in school and in life.
Click on the image to enlarge. For more information on Dress Code, please go to our General Info page.
Useful Links and Resources
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- School Calendar
- Check Writing Procedures with CHECKredi
- Parent Forms and Documents
- Documentos en Espanol
- Find Us Using Mapquest
- Code of Conduct
- District Budget Information
- District Five Year Strategic Plan
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- 2016-2017 Bell Schedule
- 2015-2016 School Improvement Plan
- 2014-2015 School Financial Report
- Fall Break-No School on November 20, 2017
- Underclassmen Picture Makeup Day on December 4, 2017
- End of 2nd Grading Period/End of 1st Semester on December 21, 2017
- Winter Break – No School on December 22, 2017
- Teacher Work Day – Student/Para Holiday on January 3, 2018
- Students/Paras Return to School on January 4, 2018 7:00 am
- Martin Luther King Holiday-No School on January 15, 2018
- Report Cards 2nd Grading Period on January 17, 2018
- Senior Cap and Gown Picture Day on January 31, 2018
- Interim Reports on February 9, 2018