Middle School Field Day is June 2nd and High School Field Day is June 3rd. Both Field Days will begin at 8 a.m. and end at 2 p.m.. We will have several activities in the gym and surrounding athletic fields. Students participating in Field Day will be assigned to either C or D lunch. We ask that students do not bring backpacks, but bring or wear sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses. The Dress Code for Field Day is mid-thigh or longer shorts, t-shirts (no tank tops or cutoff shirts). Please, no jackets or hoodies and cell phones must be off and hidden. Please bring $2 for optional afternoon popcorn/water snack during movie.
Students that wish to opt out of either Field Day will need to turn in an Opt Out form that has been completed by a parent or guardian by June 1. The purpose of Field Day is FUN and MINER PRIDE!
- EOCs will only be offered at the following sites this summer: George Jenkins, Lake Gibson, Ridge Community, and Winter Haven. To register, students/parents must go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1egp_V-8qCAZhujwakrdc8TKer57Aun82ageQslwWOLs/viewform?c=0&w=1 before June 18th.
- Reading Retakes will occur on our campus for any students who still need to pass. Please call the school and leave student name, student ID # (or SS#), and contact phone number.
“Information about Academic Accelerated Programs in Polk County (ACCEL) can be found at www.polk-fl.net/staff/teachers/acceleratedprograms.htm. Parent/Guardian must contact their child’s school to submit a Request for Academic Acceleration form prior to June 11th to request acceleration screening for placement the following school year.”
To properly recognize the academic achievement of our graduates, the graduation ceremony should reflect honor, respectability, and dignity of this important occasion. In keeping with these goals, please open the link below to read and observe our guidelines.
After school tutoring is available in our Media Center and computer lab Monday – Thursday from 2:05 p.m. – 2:50 p.m. Students can study, use the computers, and do homework.
KhanAcademy is an online homework helper tutoring resource with a library of over 2,600 videos covering math, history, physics, and many other topics. With over 268 practice exercises, their mission is to help you learn.
Useful Links and Resources
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- Free and Reduced Price Meal Application
- Parent Forms and Documents
- Documentos en Espanol
- Find Us Using Mapquest
- Code of Conduct
- District Budget Information
- District Five Year Strategic Plan
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- 2014-2015 Bell Schedule
- 2013-2014 Parent Notification of Out of Field Teachers
- 2013-2014 School Improvement Plan
- 2013-2014 School Financial Report
- Florida Online Traffic School – FL Learner’s Permit course for first time drivers