Good afternoon Polk County Public Schools family,
Many of you have inquired about Hurricane Irma makeup days. I’m happy to share that earlier today, my senior staff and I finalized a solution.
We have decided that the six remaining early release days in the 2017-18 school year will be extended to full instructional days.
The remaining early dismissal days were to be: Oct. 11, 2017; Nov. 15, 2017; Jan. 24, 2018; Feb. 7, 2018; March 14, 2018; and May 16, 2018.
By extending the early release days, we will ensure that our district meets state-mandated instructional time requirements without extending the school year. Additionally, it means our employees — many of whom sacrificed time with their families to work in our shelter sites or make repairs after the storm — do not have to lose time with their loved ones during the holidays.
The district calendar will be updated to reflect these changes.
Jacqueline M. Bryd
Superintendent, Polk County Public Schools
The myPolkSchools.net Parent Portal is an on-line service offered to parents and guardians of Polk County K-12 students. The service will bring together into one single web page information about ALL of the students for a particular parent. Instead of visiting several different websites, making telephone calls or visiting the school to access records or information, parents may conveniently access them all from any Internet-connected computer. See student grades, lunch account status, student schedules, and so much more. The most important goal of the Parent Portal is to enhance district-to-school-to-home communication as outlined in the Polk County Schools Strategic Plan item 7(1): “Establish an effective system of communication linking district, school and home.”
Are you signed up for Parent Portal? Click here for information about signing up.
The goal of PIRC is to educate, equip, and partner with our students and their support systems by offering a wide variety of relevant and effective programs and resources that will make a positive impact on the individual and the community. By building strong parent-learning communities we will increase student achievement in our schools and empower parents to raise children who are successful in school and in life.
Click on the image to enlarge. For more information on Dress Code, please go to our General Info page.
Useful Links and Resources
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- School Calendar
- Check Writing Procedures with CHECKredi
- Parent Forms and Documents
- Documentos en Espanol
- Find Us Using Mapquest
- Code of Conduct
- District Budget Information
- District Five Year Strategic Plan
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- 2016-2017 Bell Schedule
- 2015-2016 School Improvement Plan
- 2014-2015 School Financial Report
- FTE Week on October 9, 2017
- End of 1st 9-week Grading Period on October 11, 2017
- Teacher Work Day – Student/Para Holiday on October 16, 2017
- Report Cards-1st Grading Period on October 24, 2017
- Veteran’s Day Holiday – No School on November 10, 2017
- Interim Reports on November 17, 2017
- Fall Break-No School on November 20, 2017
- End of 2nd Grading Period/End of 1st Semester on December 21, 2017
- Winter Break – No School on December 22, 2017
- Teacher Work Day – Student/Para Holiday on January 3, 2018