The mission of the Fort Meade Leadership Academy is to inspire students to become leaders through their academic achievement, moral development, and service to others.
Students Involvement in the Community:
- The Leadership team sponsors the Fort Meade Teen Trendsetters Program, which consists of well trained and motivated high school mentors who work with elementary students.
- The Leadership Academy students work with elementary school students at their school twice a week to promote reading and writing.
- The focus for working with the more unique group of mentees is to provide them with the most accommodating and understanding mentors, who know to adjust their work in order to motivate the young students.
- Leadership students work passionately to break down any barrier they might be faced with to help the elementary students achieve better at school.
- Our Leadership Academy students are very hopeful that their mentorship and interventions with the elementary students lead to significant mentee reading gains at the end of the school year classroom and state assessments.
Lead Teacher: Logan Green