The mission of Fort Meade Middle Senior High School is to promote academic and social success for all students.
The vision of Fort Meade Middle Senior High is to prepare students for college and career success.
Printable Combined Bell Schedule
- 1st Period 7:00 a.m. – 7:50 a.m.
- 2nd Period 7:56 a.m. – 8:46 a.m.
- 3rd Period 8:52 a.m. – 9:42 a.m.
- 4th Period 9:48 a.m. – 10:37 a.m.
- 5th Period 10:43 a.m. – 12:10 p.m.
10:43 a.m. – 11:03 a.m. Lunch
11:05 a.m. – 11:25 a.m. Lunch
11:27 a.m. – 11:47 a.m. Lunch
11:49 a.m. – 12:09 p.m. Lunch
- 6th Period 12:15 p.m. – 1:04 p.m.
- 7th Period 1:10 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Middle School Uniform Policy
- T-shirts – newly designed grey or black only – available in the front office or at orientation
- polo shirts – plain white, grey, or black only, no more than three buttons
- pants, shorts, or skirts in khaki, navy blue, or black
- jean pants, shorts or skirts – no large designs, tears, or holes
- shorts or skirts must meet dress code lengths
- if bottoms have belt loops, then belt must be worn
- closed toe or open shoes must have heel strap; no flip-flops, crocs, slippers, or slides
High School Dress Policy
Fort Meade High School students are required to wear appropriate clothing to ensure an academic focus and to provide a safe and orderly learning environment. Inappropriate clothing and appearance that does not contribute to the success of the school program will not be allowed. School administrators have final authority to decide if clothing complies with outlined rules.
General Dress Code Requirements:
- Shirts: All shirts must have sleeves. No sleeveless shirts will be permitted.
- Pants: Pants with belt loops shall be worn with a belt that is properly fastened. Pants shall be worn so that the waistband is worn at the waist and not below the waist.
- Skirts and Dresses: The hem of girls’ skirts or dresses shall be no shorter than midthigh as determined by the principal or designee in the exercise of his or her judgment. Sleeveless dresses are not permitted.
- Appropriate Sizes: Students shall wear clothing of appropriate size as determined by the principal or designee exercising his or her judgment.
Unacceptable Attire: Students are not allowed to wear clothing, jewelry (including body piercing jewelry, and grills), buttons, haircuts, tattoos, or other attire or markings which are offensive, suggestive, disruptive, or indecent such as:
- Clothing associated with gangs.
- Clothing encouraging the use of tobacco, drugs, alcohol, or violence.
- Clothing associated with discrimination on the basis of age, color, handicap, national origin, marital status, race, religion, or sex.
- Clothing exposing the torso or upper thighs such as see-through garments, mini-skirts or mini-dresses, halters, backless dresses, tube tops or tank tops without over blouses or shirts, spaghetti strap garments without over blouses or shirts, bare midriff outfits, or shirts or blouses tied at the midriff.
- Clothing not properly fastened or with tears.
- Clothing or outer garments traditionally designed as undergarments such as boxer shorts, bloomers, tights, hosiery, and sleepwear.
- Clothing or footwear that is construed by the principal or designee as hazardous or dangerous to the health of the student or others.
- Overalls any bibbed pants or shorts (with an inseam).
Shorts: All students may wear hemmed walking shorts or Bermuda shorts and female students may wear skorts, provided that such shorts or skorts are no shorter than mid-thigh as determined by the principal or designee exercising his or her judgment
- Unacceptable Shorts: Athletic shorts including spandex-style “bicycle” shorts, cut-off jeans, frayed jeans or pants, cut-off sweat pants, short shorts, running shorts, and see-through boxer-type shorts are not allowed.
Main office: 863-285-1180
Address: 700 Edgewood Dr N
Fort Meade, FL 33841
Lunchroom Prices and Menus
Bullying, cyber bullying, or harassing behavior is not tolerated at Fort Meade Middle Senior High School. Click here to access the District website for the most current information, resources, and reporting procedures. Several resources are available to help parents and students understand and respond to these issues. Report Bullying Online Now
Disabilities Accommodations Notice
If you require any type of accommodation for an event sponsored by the Polk County School District, accommodation requests must be made at least 72 hours in advance of the event. To arrange accommodation, contact the School or department sponsoring the event. For assistance, contact the Office of Equity & Compliance in Human Resource Services at 863-534-0513. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the agency by calling Florida Relay Service at 1-800-955-8771.
Check Writing Procedures with CHECKredi
Policies are now in place for writing checks to any Polk County school. Your checks are still welcome; please click on the CHECKredi link above to learn about these policies.